Re: How many standards or protocols...

2002-04-16 11:34:21

On Tuesday, April 16, 2002, at 01:01 , todd glassey wrote:

The problem James is that this is just not the case. What is the case is
that each WG Chair gets to decide what concensus is for their WG and that is
wrong.

It is the role of the WG chair(s) to determine rough consensus.  If one
disagrees, there is a well-documented appeal process. Consensus necessarily
is sometimes more rough than other times.

I'm quite happy with the way it is.  And by the way, the IETF doesn't
recognise organisational members, just individuals.  And I like that
aspect as well.

Clearly your mileage varies.

Ran