Re: RFC3271 and independance of "cyberspace"

2002-04-29 09:02:06
Remember the joke about the comedian with one crippled hand who held up both hands and said "Lord, Please make both my hands the same!"

And She Did;-)...\Stef

<adulau-ietf(_at_)conostix(_dot_)com>
Quote from RFC3271 :
""
   Internet is for everyone - but it won't be if legislation around the
   world creates a thicket of incompatible laws that hinder the growth
   of electronic commerce, stymie the protection of intellectual
   property, and stifle freedom of expression and the development of
   market economies.  Let us dedicate ourselves to the creation of a
   global legal framework in which laws work across national boundaries
   to reinforce the upward spiral of value that the Internet is capable
   of creating.
""

What is a global legal framework ? I do not understand the purpose of that ?

I hope this not the application of the classical "material" law in a
global legal framework.

Thanks for more information.

Alexandre Dulaunoy.