Re: RFC3271 and independance of "cyberspace"

2002-04-30 21:24:15
well, keith since we cannot amend RFCs maybe you should prepare one of your
own?

maybe.

I am not sure that the idea of killing intellectual property is the right one
either.
We all know there is something wrong with the current set up but I am no sure
that
the wholesale dispatch of Intellectual Property concepts is the right answer
either!

nor did I quite suggest doing that.

however, there seems to be a strong and alarming tendency for global legal
frameworks on
IPR to discourage, rather than encourage, the notion that the Internet is for
everyone.
or perhaps they encourage the notion that the Internet is for everyone to be a
consumer
of works that are produced and controlled by a few large companies, rather than
a vehicle
which enables everyone to share their ideas, expressions, and experiences with
others.

Keith