Re: IETF 54 calendar

2002-05-29 01:54:18

--On 28. mai 2002 14:58 -0500 Pete Resnick <presnick(_at_)qualcomm(_dot_)com>
wrote:

Again, I'm not going to object to using meeting time for this kind of
session if that's what's needed. But other than Harald's message, I have
not heard anything about this since Minneapolis and have not heard folks
clamoring for such a meeting. Heck, we haven't seen a proposed agenda for
a meeting let alone an I-D. How was it decided that everyone would
obviously want to go and that therefore a separate session was needed?

basically decided (proposed) by me after listening to the feedback from the plenary in Minneapolis, and a number of private discussions. Not that *everyone* would want to go, but that the set of people who would want to go would be basically unknown, and not aligned along the "usual lines", but SHOULD include a large percentage of the IETF "leadership". (It also allows the people who do NOT want to participate a chance to leave...)
And yes, we have explicitly invited Jorge Contreras, the "IETF lawyer".

We have used more time than I would like in getting this effort off the ground (this is not uncommon). We are hoping to announce the mailing list Real Soon Now.

                 Harald