Re: IPR at IETF 54

2002-05-30 09:11:44
... we should prefer technology which will be available
royalty-free, but that's not current policy

Whose policy?

RFC-2026, section 4.1.2 ("Draft Standard"):

 If patented or otherwise controlled technology is required for
 implementation, the separate implementations must also have resulted
 from separate exercise of the licensing process.

|John Stracke                    |Principal Engineer      |
|jstracke(_at_)incentivesystems(_dot_)com   |Incentive Systems, Inc. |
|http://www.incentivesystems.com |My opinions are my own. |
|I am Homer of Borg. Prepare to be assi... Mmm, doughnuts!|