Re: Global PKI on DNS?

2002-06-11 15:39:49
Because it's not their software? If I wanted to do PKI through DNS, and
my
ISP's server did not support TCP, I might be stuck.  Personally, I
don't
depend on my ISP for DNS, but many users do.

So users wanting this new service will be pretty motivated to switch DNS
servers when the time comes, what's the big deal in that?

The big deal is that some of the more restrictive ISPs may not permit
customers to bypass their DNS servers.  Same as with HTTP interception
proxies.

|John Stracke                    |Principal Engineer            |
|jstracke(_at_)incentivesystems(_dot_)com   |Incentive Systems, Inc.       |
|http://www.incentivesystems.com |My opinions are my own.       |
|Reality is what refuses to go away when I stop believing in it.|