Re: Trees have one root

2002-07-29 21:54:04
On Mon, 29 Jul 2002 19:15:28 PDT, Peter Deutsch said:

Works? Yeah, maybe for some definition of "works", in that
people can give money to more than one entity to get a
string into .COM, but is that really solving the problem
ordinary users actually want solved? Last time I went to get
a new domain name, I was down to either choosing words from

The problem here is that .COM is a single level, and over-full
with stuff that shouldn't be there.  There's no way you can pile
21 million (or whatever it is) names under one thing and avoid that.

That's a different issue than how many roots there are.
--
                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Computer Systems Senior Engineer