Re: Why spam is a problem.

2002-08-13 19:23:13
it's much more difficult to filter spam in general.  one person's spam
might be another person's life-changing investment opportunity...

I understand the "free speech!" attitude and such, but unfortunately
it isn't reasonable. They're making me pay for their free speech.

that's really not what I was arguing.  my point was that you can't
reliably tell what is spam by looking at the content - the exact same
content can be spam to one person and perfectly legitimate to another.

I don't buy the 'spam is free speech' argument either, but for a
different reason - I see spam as _interfering_ with free speech.

Keith