Re: Why spam is a problem.

2002-08-15 08:29:10
Keith Moore wrote:

in many (not all) cases it's fairly safe to assume that a message from an unreplyable address is not of interest to a recipient.
Definitely not all. Counterexample: when Amazon sends out order confirmation messages, they say that the From: address will not accept mail. (Personally, I think this is a bad thing, customer-service-wise, but that's another question.)

--
|John Stracke      |jstracke(_at_)centivinc(_dot_)com  |