Re: Why spam is a problem.

2002-08-15 08:03:28
Hi everyone,

Spam is a complex issue and even I have realized that it cannot be easily
solved. The problem is that electronic mail is an ungoverned medium. There is
no accountability built-in and that lack of accountability is what is promoting
abuse. The Internet includes systems all over the world. Each country around
the world has their own laws and ways of dealing with things. Systems cross
over into many different jurisdictions. I don't personally see a solution to
spam on the policy side or the technology side of things.

Brian