writing congress about spam

2002-08-17 10:59:18
The spammers are destroying the usefulness of enormous amounts of
wonderful infrastructure. Time for everyone to get on the phone with
their congressman and ask them if they are interested in what 98% of
the planet wants or what the Direct Marketing Association wants.

Ironically, if there is one body who has had to deal with large volumes of unsolicited mail for a very long time, it is Congress. Indeed an industry has been formed around it, because much of the mail must be answered. From my experience, these answers are actually quite funny, because they show very little relationship between the point I was raising and the point that they choose to make in their so-called response. Of course, commercial software folk must claim at some level that my Congress person is just not using the latest and greatest.

Perhaps they need a variety of spam asssasin...

Eliot