Re: Impending publication: draft-iab-considerations-02.txt

2002-09-06 16:53:39
Adam -

I wanted to make a quick comment about some text in section
12.1 of the draft cited below.

Many thanks.  (We heard from Dean Willis about this also.)
It was an error on our part, based on a now-out-of-date SIP document,
and we are changing it to say the following:

 Finally, outside standardization groups have been very active in
 providing the SIP working group with requirements. The Distributed
 Call Signaling (DCS) group from the PacketCable Consortium, 3GPP,
 and 3GPP2 are all using SIP for various telephony-related applications,
 and members of these groups have been involved in drafting requirements
 for SIP.
 In addition, there are extensions of SIP which
 are under consideration in these standardization bodies.
 Procedures are under development in the IETF to address proposed
 extensions to SIP, including a category of preliminary, private,
 or proprietary extensions, and to provide for the safe management
 of the SIP namespace [MBMWOR02].

It was certainly not our intention in Section 12.1 to be in any way
establishing policy, just to be describing how these issues are
currently being dealt with in the case of SIP.

- Sally