Re: Common Questions, RFC-compliant Architecture

2002-09-09 08:40:34
At 18:47 06/09/02, Bob Braden wrote:
I personally agree with you that the Internet community would benefit
from putting more energy into writing and rewriting applicability
statements rather than energy into generating new protocols, but
unfortunately it is hard to find the motivation and funding for doing
the right thing in this case.

I think that your question really points to what should be done in the
future rather than how we got where we are, but it is useful to start
by understanding the history in the IETF (and before).

Dear Bob,
thank you for his information. Your absolutely right about taking advntage
from history. What do you think about the unified RFC protocol proposition
in that context? Is that a first attempt, or have there been other attempts?
jfc