RE: IPv8 is..., what is this?

2002-09-12 04:49:37
Ross Finlayson wrote:

At 11:34 PM 9/11/02, Benny Nasution wrote:
I'm sorry but I don't understand the purpose of this posting.
Can anybody explain, what it is all about?

No, I don't think anyone can explain it.

Just ignore this kook.  (Buzz Aldrin should pay him a visit
sometime :-)

Or even better, would the IETF secretary revoke
Mr. Fleming's posting privilleges again?

http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/ietf/Current/msg14158.html

All his postings can be seen as SPAM as it contains no
operationally relevant content except for his repeated spam
of his own thoughts, thus:
http://www.ietf.org/IESG/STATEMENTS/mail-submit-policy.txt
would make it be filtered away.

Or should everybody start spamming the list with "IPv32".
The even bigger problem with "Jim Fla^Heming's IPv8" is the fact
that he is abusing a registered version number for his own purposes:
http://www.iana.org/assignments/version-numbers
8<----
    8       PIP      The P Internet Protocol                 [PXF]
---->8
This 'discussion' comes up every once in a while making normal
talk on the ietf lists spoiled with trolls:
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/ietf/Current/threads.html#14158
Can anybody find something Jim Flemming wrote to the list that had
any relevance at all? The only thing to be found is the spamming of
his 'IPv8' idea and all those domain names he want.

And that's the final thing I said about this person.

Greets,
 Jeroen