Re[4]: Last Call: Using XML-RPC in BEEP to Proposed Standard

2002-10-14 02:54:22
Hello Lloyd,

LW> HTTP and BEEP aren't transport protocols.
LW> session and transfer protocols, perhaps.
LW> Since they both run over TCP, they're both completely wrong for RPC.
LW> XMLRPC - it's not XML, and it's not RPC.
You are absolutely right concerning HTTP and BEEP, but I suppose
that choice of mentioned protocols as a "transport" layer for SOAP
and XMLRPC can be explained by the fact that it simplifies PROXY
access. It is very important, but it should not break networking
principles. Thus BEEP reintroduces such TCP features as port
multiplexing and sliding window flow control. Besides the modern
applications require high level RPC mechanisms giving facilities
for complex structured data transmission (documents, objects, etc.).

Best regards,
Timur
mailto:Timur(_at_)niist(_dot_)ntu-kpi(_dot_)kiev(_dot_)ua