RE: Palladium (TCP/MS)

2002-10-23 11:39:51
Well the first thing you have to realize is that there is no such thing
as TCP/MS, and there for any answer you get would be highly speculative
at best.

This is a huge red herring, based on speculation that for some unknown
reason, Microsoft will Embrace/Extend/Extinguish the IP protocol and
successfully be able to put their own protocol (MS) onto the internet in
such a way that you will be required to use a MS product to use the
internet...

I don't know about you but I find the whole scenario dubious at best,
and this whole thread is becoming a massive troll

Bill
(Who is getting ready to take his lunch and eat it rather than feeding
trolls)

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-ietf(_at_)IETF(_dot_)ORG [mailto:owner-ietf(_at_)IETF(_dot_)ORG] On
Behalf Of Sean
Jones
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2002 1:38 AM
To: ietf(_at_)IETF(_dot_)ORG
Subject: RE: Palladium (TCP/MS)

Good Morning Valdis

Thank you for your prompt reply. Perhaps I did not phrase my question
properly.

I know what PTR records are, I know how TCP/IP works & etc (I've done a
routed IP network or two, and worked at an ISP for a while) so please
let me re-phrase my question.

Why is a PTR (or DNS) record with MS TCP different from the standard
TCP/IP record?

(Perhaps it is me in my ignorance, or lack of understanding :o) )

Regards

Sean