Re: Multihoming in IPv6

2002-11-14 11:32:26
Perry;

Iljitsch van Beijnum <iljitsch(_at_)muada(_dot_)com> writes:
As it looks like the long term solution will be some kind of
identifier/locator separation which will have a huge impact on all
aspects of IPv6, I think this topic deserves attention from a wider
audience than it's getting now.

Identifier/locator separation has been a topic of conversation at the
IETF for at least the last decade if not longer. In spite of this
continuous interest, an actual fruitful proposal has yet to arrive.

A problem was that multi6 WG has been required to first produce
requirement document. It is just recently that so many people
recognize it not a productive approach.

highly recommend attempting to do a fully worked proposal complete
with documents before bringing up the topic in a broad audience -- it
will increase your credibility markedly.

Meanwhile, I wrote an ID

        draft-ohta-e2e-multihoming-03.txt

on general architecture of scalable multihoming.

Then, we designed and implemented a solution based on LIN6 proposal.

Paper on it is available at:

        http://www.lab1.kuis.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~arifumi/paper/saint2003html/

                                                        Masataka Ohta