Re: text conferencing at the 55th IETF meeting in Atlanta

2002-11-18 09:18:25
Marshall Rose wrote:

Very nice.  Can these logs be included in the minutes, or alongside them?
that's up to the minute taker. remember that there isn't a moderator in the
chatrooms, so it's not really a "record", per se.
True; but it could still be a useful log, provided there's a scribe reporting what's going on in the room.

It would be possible for the logs to be gathered up and included with the minutes, as a supplement; that wouldn't take extra effort from the minute takers. But maybe we should wait and see whether the logs are actually useful.

(Personally, if I were going to the meeting, I'd volunteer to be both minute taker and scribe; then I'd take what I'd scribed to the chat room and turn it into minutes. No point having to find two volunteers.)

|John Stracke      |jstracke(_at_)centivinc(_dot_)com                      |
|Principal Engineer|http://www.centivinc.com                    |
|Centiv            |My opinions are my own.                     |
|If you're going to walk on thin ice, you might as well *dance*!|