Re: text conferencing at the 55th IETF meeting in Atlanta

2002-11-19 05:17:35
On tisdag, nov 19, 2002, at 03:37 Europe/Stockholm, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

Admittedly the Jabber clients for MacOS are sub-optimal. Hopefully that
situation will be remedied in time for San Francisco.

Problem resolved:

(a) JabberFox works. I have no clue why it didn't the 50 times I tried earlier yesterday. Now it does.

(b) TVJab is unable to connect to a chat room at a conference server which is not the same/known by the jabber server you connect to. I don't really know if this is a server configuration, or bug/lack of feature in the client.

So, my recommendation: If you use MacOSX, JabberFox is what you should go with.

    THANKS to everyone which have sent me private email!

        paf