Re: After 1 day... Re: text conferencing at the 55th IETF

2002-11-20 09:36:05
A sinner speaks...I find this is increasing a bad habit to do a
"blasts shields up" view of my laptop instead of paying attention to
the wgs.  I'm personally trying to cut that back, and I'd
recommend to others who are similarly easily addicted to the glow of their
screens that this could be a dangerous toy.
                                Ted

It's common practice for W3C to use IRC during teleconferences and
face-to-face meetings, from which minutes can be derived.  The combination
works pretty well when I have been involved.  Jabber seems to work better
than IRC because, on logging in to a conference a record from the
conference so far is displayed (on my client, anyway).  This is really
handy when connections go up and down.

Cool tool!

#g