Re: After 1 day... Re: text conferencing at the 55th IETF meeting in Atlanta

2002-11-20 08:26:26
Franck Martin wrote:

The ultimate trick would be to have a speech to text recognition software... So whoever is talking appears as text in the conference room...

This would be the lowest bandwidth capable conference system...

Not to mention the most entertaining. :-) Your average speech-to-text engine (I use ViaVoice for programming) needs serious training, and would need heavy customization to be able to recognize the IETF vocabulary.

I dictated this line from the impp session:

Proposal is to use a randomizer in the initial counter value - it replaces the SPI, and is larger than the SPI field, using smaller IV and counter

and got:

Proposal list use randomizes minister come to value it places the SPI and is larger than the S P I felt using smaller and counter

That's pretty good, but hardly up to the level needed for holding a meeting--and this is with an engine trained to my voice.

--
|John Stracke      |jstracke(_at_)centivinc(_dot_)com  |