Re: After 1 day... Re: text conferencing at the 55th IETF meeting in Atlanta

2002-11-20 06:49:38
The ultimate trick would be to have a speech to text recognition
software... So whoever is talking appears as text in the conference
room...

This would be the lowest bandwidth capable conference system...

Additional question, does jabber uses multicast or anycast for
conferencing?

Cheers.

On Wed, 2002-11-20 at 04:10, Marshall Rose wrote:

    > Let me say I really like the text conferencing experiment
    > so far.  It's pretty cool to get a chance to have an idea
    > of what's going on in sessions you can't split yourself
    > to attend.

    thanks. certainly the unexpected result (for me) is that it's really
    useful for the attendees -- initially, i thought this was primarily
    going to be a big help for folks who couldn't physically get to the meeting.

    /mtr