Re: Spring 2003 IETF - Why San Francisco?

2002-11-25 10:53:05

John Stracke wrote:

Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:

If we get twice as many people as in Atlanta, crowding may be a
problem. But twice as many people is a LARGE increase.

Besides which, the last IETF meeting in the Bay Area was in 1996; the
local population of companies that will pay to send people has probably
dropped off a bit since then.

Yahbut, the number of people who will come looking for pointers to
work is going to be *way* up. There may not be more people in the
meetings, but there may be lots more people in the corridors...
:-/

                                        - peterd

    Peter Deutsch                       pdeutsch(_at_)gydig(_dot_)com
    Gydig Software

      "Time will end all of my troubles, but I don't
            always approve of time's methods..."