Re: Spring 2003 IETF - Why San Francisco?

2002-11-23 00:06:44
History of this particular meeting, as I was told by the secretariat:

- We tried to hold it in Minneapolis as per tradition :-)
- The dates available for Minneapolis conflicted with another conference
- The search for sites came up with two alternatives: Boston and San Francisco. - The facilities in San Francisco were quite a bit better than those in Boston
- The secretariat proposed San Francisco, and I approved that.

If we get twice as many people as in Atlanta, crowding may be a problem. But twice as many people is a LARGE increase.

                     Harald