RE: IETF Sub-IP area: request for input (fwd)

2002-12-10 11:27:48

I've been assuming that we would just do another cycle with a new call for
nominations if we're asked to fill another slot.  Presumably the IESG would
let us know when the nomcom would need to have selected the candidate for
the
opening.

-----Original Message-----
From: Theodore Ts'o [mailto:tytso(_at_)mit(_dot_)edu]
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2002 12:03 PM
To: Michael StJohns
Cc: Harald Tveit Alvestrand; ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: IETF Sub-IP area: request for input (fwd)

On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 07:12:44PM -0500, Michael StJohns wrote:
a) Sunset the area with a final decision point as 12/31/2003 and a
closing
date of 03/01/2004.  No further WGs will be chartered in this area.
b) Ask the Nomcom to appoint 1 area director not from the
current set of
ADs for a term of 1 year. Term would run March 02 to March 03.

I cannot speak for the nomcom, but I will note that this
would be asking nomcom to take on the responsibility of
appointing another area director, *after* the
call-for-candidates window has closed (the deadline for
suggesting a candidate for an IAB and IESG slot was the last
day of the Atlanta IETF meeting).

Hence, if a proposal involves additional work for the nomcom
at this late date, I would strongly urge that the Phil, as
this year's nomcom chair, be asked for his advice and consent
before such a plan is adopted.

                                              - Ted