Re: IETF Sub-IP area: request for input (fwd)

2002-12-05 23:16:38

Danny McPherson wrote:
    3. The I in IETF means that the IETF shouldn't be working
    sub-IP anyway. Many of these discussions (layer 2 VPNs, in
    particular) would be better served by occuring within the context
    of their original host organization (i.e., IEEE for ethernet over
    IP),

Perhaps I missed something... What was it again that the I in IP stands for? Many of these discussions (e.g., that of Ethernet over IP) will clearly
impact the [global] I in IETF.

How so? We already have the IP in IP. (pun intended).

Joe