Re: Cluster Addressing and CIDR

2003-01-13 10:09:03
Noel Chiappa wrote:

  *> (e.g. RFC-1287, "Towards the Future Internet Architecture").
  *>
  *> In so doing, I was upset to see that the references included no mention of
  *> the work of Carl-Herbert Rokitansky, whose "cluster addressing" scheme was
  *> the first case I can recall of someone proposing to group a number of IP
  *> network numbers together, and treat them as a single entity - the idea
which
  *> later became the key concept behind CIDR.
  *>

Noel,

You are right.  I recall seeing drafts of Roki's work, but there does
not seem to be an RFC or IEN containing his work.  Was it published
in any archival form?

Bob Braden