RE: Last Call: CR-LDP Extensions for ASON to Informational

2003-01-23 15:55:09

  *>
  *> Hi,
  *>
  *> I just saw the message that this document has been approved.  I
  *> have a question about the process.
  *>
  *> Definition in RFC 2434, "IETF Consensus - New values are assigned through
  *> the IETF consensus process".  The CR-LDP code points are clearly marked
  *> as "IETF Consensus", not IESG Approval.
  *>
  *> I have heard repeatedly, from at least 5 different ADs that three people
  *> for and one against does *not* constitute a consensus -- in fact, this
  *> was repeated in the TE WG list a couple of days ago.
  *>
  *> There were several people that raised various objections, from nits
  *> to technical issues.  Many remain unanswered.
  *>
  *> Am I to understand that the IESG inferred consensus from the discussions
  *> that have taken place (and are still under way)?
  *>
  *> Kireeti.
  *>

Since I was CC'd, I will note that in my role as IANA designated expert
for RSVP, I interpret "IETF consensus" as meaning that at least a Last
Call was conducted.  To use any other interpretation seems to me to
be dishonest.  I guess I am agreeing with Kireeti.

Bob Braden