Re: Network Working Group

2003-03-10 16:37:12
"Mind!  I don't mean to say that I know of my own knowledge what
relevance there is to the text string that appears in the upper left
corner of the first page of every RFC.  I might have been inclined,
myself, to regard that as a place to put something useful such as the
IETF working group name.  But the wisdom of our ancestors is in the
RFC header boilerplate; and my unhallowed hands shall not disturb it,
or the Internet's done for.  You will, therefore, permit me to repeat,
emphatically, that this is a document of the Network Working Group."

[excerpted from a previous debate on this subject a few years back,
 with apologies to the ghost of Charles Dickens]