Re: Network Working Group

2003-03-12 19:28:18
Sounds like an argument for having WG/mailing-list info in or near the
Authors Address section.

Thanks, Donald

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003, John Stracke wrote:

Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 11:24:28 -0500
From: John Stracke <jstracke(_at_)centive(_dot_)com>
To: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: Network Working Group

Donald Eastlake 3rd wrote:

I sometimes put the working group name on drafts also. But an RFC is
never issued by a working group. It is issued by the I* after IESG
review and usually after IETF Last Call. I'm dubious about putting the
WG name in the RFC but if that were done,

As a practical matter, if one wants to find people to discuss an RFC
with, knowing what WG it came from (if any) can save steps.  The
authors' addresses are included, of course, but those sometimes go stale
before the WG closes down.