RE: Last Call: Fast Reroute Extensions to RSVP-TE for LSP Tunnels to Proposed Standard

2003-03-11 12:39:19
Please ask your customers on which method they prefer. Both methods and
all three path identification have been developed and deployed. We are
only describing how protocols suppose to work, not mandating customer
requirements.

I am not sure I agree with you. IESG has repeatedly asked for a single
mandatory method. Otherwise IETF RFCs become an archive for peoples
implementations. For proof just look at PWE3 ATM-ENCAP draft.

Thanks,
Shahram

If you have questions on protocol detail issues, please forward them to
the MPLS list.

Thanks!

- Ping

Hi,

Also Facility back-up and Detour both do protection. Which
one must be implemented to comply with this draft? For
interoperability reasons it seems that one of them should be
Mandatory and the other one Optional.

Thanks,
Shahram Davari