RE: Last Call: Fast Reroute Extensions to RSVP-TE for LSP Tunnels to Proposed Standard

2003-03-11 12:50:18

I am not sure I agree with you. IESG has repeatedly asked for
a single mandatory method. Otherwise IETF RFCs become an
archive for peoples
implementations.

Both methods solve different problems, thus, they are mandatory.

What are those different problems? As far as I can see they both
solve the same problem which is link/node protection.

For proof just look at PWE3 ATM-ENCAP draft.

I don't know much about IESG process, but I do know that the proof of
the pudding is in the eating.

Proof of what? I said look at this draft to see that there are
4 methods for transporting ATM over mpls, out of which only one method
is mandatory and 3 others are optional. Now what is the relevance
of pudding/eating here?

-Shahram

- Ping