RE: Last Call: Fast Reroute Extensions to RSVP-TE for LSP Tunnels to Proposed Standard

2003-03-11 12:39:38
Please ask your customers on which method they prefer. Both
methods and
all three path identification have been developed and
deployed. We are
only describing how protocols suppose to work, not mandating
customer
requirements.

I am not sure I agree with you. IESG has repeatedly asked for
a single mandatory method. Otherwise IETF RFCs become an
archive for peoples
implementations.

Both methods solve different problems, thus, they are mandatory.

For proof just look at PWE3 ATM-ENCAP draft.

I don't know much about IESG process, but I do know that the proof of
the pudding is in the eating.

- Ping