Re: IAB policy on anti-spam mechanisms?

2003-03-12 15:39:17

Yes, this is true in theory, but I want to know how you're going
to get VeriSign to issue you a certificate with subjectAltNames
corresponding to a bunch of unrelated domains. And remember
that ever time the ISP gets a new customer they have to get a new
cert from VeriSign with yet another subjectAltName? This seems
impractical.

If you are talking about TLS certs (not S/MIME certs) then the ISP can
issue them to the customer directly (be a CA for connections from their
customers over TLS connections). I have read that the customer can be
given instructions on how to add the ISP cert as a trusted CA for that
usage on M$ products.

I have no idea how to get M$ products to use that cert :-)
as I do not use M$ products. I know how to do that on Unix.

--

 Doug Royer                     |   http://INET-Consulting.com
                                |   Cell: (208)520-4044

                We Do Standards - You Need Standards