Re: Financial state of the IETF - to be presented Wednesday

2003-03-17 12:42:19
I tend to disagree with you Ross,

First it is not excessive by definition because we are not covering our costs.
Second I don't think it is excessive because I know of MANY weeklong
conferences that want in the order of 1000-1700 registration fees...

I can see how this is VERY different between someone whos company pays (who
cares it isn't my money) and someone on a grant, sending themselves (every
penny counts, cause money I don't spend going to an IETF meeting goes into my
pocket that lets me spend it on my little girl... or pick your favorite way of
spending money)

The other thing that will be interesting is how do the IETF meeting expenses
scale with participation... Do we spend 300,000K regardless of how many show
up, or as the number of attendies goes up we spend more money and if so how
much more

Bill