Re: Financial state of the IETF - to be presented Wednesday

2003-03-17 13:10:53
--- Bill Strahm <bill(_at_)strahm(_dot_)net> wrote:

The other thing that will be interesting is how do the IETF
meeting expenses scale with participation... Do we spend
300,000K regardless of how many show up, or as the number of
attendies goes up we spend more money and if so how much more

This is a concern for me - if there's a high fixed cost, and
we've become dependent on the people sitting in the meetings as
observers (hopefully, not just reading e-mail and playing
solitaire) to cover that cost, that's bad, and it's worse if
we've become dependent on them and then their companies stop
sending them to IETF because of economic conditions.

Any thoughts on whether this is actually the case or not?

Spencer