Re: Fwd: Re: Financial state of the IETF - to be presented Wednesday

2003-03-18 11:05:35
Harald,

At 07:35 AM 3/18/2003, Margaret Wasserman wrote:

Hi Harald,

At 09:10 PM 3/14/2003 +0100, you wrote:
On Wednesday at the IESG plenary, I'm doing a presentation about IETF financials.

I have a few questions and comments on this presentation.

Do we have a real budget for 2003? Or are the numbers for
2003 based on the projection information (from the slide
labeled "Predicting the Future")?

If we do have a budget, could you make it publicly available?
It would be useful to get more information about where the
money is coming from, and where it is going. Without that
sort of information, it would be difficult to make the choices
outlined on the last slide.

I second Margaret Wasserman's suggestion that the 2003 budget information should be made public. The funding funding of the IETF comes from a mix of registration fees and ISOC funding. All of this information should be public and made available to the IETF community.

Bob