Fwd: Re: Financial state of the IETF - to be presented Wednesday

2003-03-18 08:46:52

Hi Harald,

At 09:10 PM 3/14/2003 +0100, you wrote:
On Wednesday at the IESG plenary, I'm doing a presentation about IETF financials.

I have a few questions and comments on this presentation.

Do we have a real budget for 2003? Or are the numbers for
2003 based on the projection information (from the slide
labeled "Predicting the Future")?

If we do have a budget, could you make it publicly available?
It would be useful to get more information about where the
money is coming from, and where it is going. Without that
sort of information, it would be difficult to make the choices
outlined on the last slide.

Who decides how much of the ISOC's income is directed to IETF
activities? Do we know what percentage of ISOC's income is
represented in the $500-600K number?

Also, you have omitted at least one possible choice from
the section on options:

We could attempt to increase fundraising for ISOC/the IETF. For
instance, we don't send fundraising requests to IETF attendees
(at least I've never received any). Does ISOC engage a professional
fundraising firm? If not, maybe that should be considered.

BTW, I think that it is good that you're bringing this issue
up now, instead of when the first check bounces.

Margaret