Re: site local addresses (was Re: Fw: Welcome to the InterNAT...)

2003-03-27 22:49:10
Michel,

What you say is possible, and has happened. But dumb things happen. Those dumb things could happen with non site-local addresses as well. But look. Ultimately I think we as a community do need to own up to better tooling, which can lead to better expectations. Also, I don't see any reason why an IP v6 prefix allocation can't linger for a very long time after a contract ends. The tools need to set expectations, and perhaps some of the DHCP prefix delegation code can help here.

Regards,

Eliot