RE: site local addresses (was Re: Fw: Welcome to the InterNAT...)

2003-03-27 09:37:40
This is so typical of the modern IETF -- 102 people were persuaded
by handwaving arguments that "something bad might happen" if a new
and useful technique were deployed, and they are being allowed to
overwhelm the 20 who were willing to dig in and find and solve any
real problems.

Well Matt, this may happen in various groups, but the IPv6 WG has been
actively debating this issue since Atlanta. I object to the
characterization of the discussion as an exchange of handwaves.

How many of your 22 speakers had implementation and deployment
experience to report?

From looking at the names, I would say at least 18.

I suggest that this discussion resumes on the IPv6 mail list after the
minutes are published.

-- Christian Huitema