Re: Thinking differently

2003-04-01 12:30:27
%
% --On Monday, 31 March, 2003 09:01 -0800 Bill Manning
% <bmanning(_at_)ISI(_dot_)EDU> wrote:
%
% >     Is may be worth noting that RIRs have -NEVER- made
% > presumptions        on routability of the delegations they make.
%
% I believe that, although I remember some arguments within ARIN
% back when I was on the AC about whether it was legitimate or
% rational to make allocations that were believed to be
% unroutable.   But I've gotten several private notes that lead me
% to believe that a lot of the community doesn't believe this or,
% more specifically, believes that everyone will fall into line
% and route any delegation that an RIR makes directly and, hence,
% that any RIR allocation will, de facto, become routable.
%
%      john

        Mass Delusion is just that. Witness the 69/8 debacle.
        presumptions of routability are in the eye of the
        router configuration.

--bill