Re: Architectural Considerations section in specs

2003-04-24 09:31:48
On Thu, 24 Apr 2003 11:00:17 EDT, Eric Rosen said:
transparency.)  The fact that  A gives B an address of C  rather than a name
of  C  doesn't seem  relevant  at  all; after  all,  names  just resolve  to
addresses;  I think the  name vs.  address issue  is a  red herring  in this
context.

I'm not at ALL convinced it's a red herring in the least.

In fact, it may be relevant that it uses an address rather than the name of C,
because it's certainly conceivable that A gives B a name which *when resolved
by B* results in something that can get to C.

One example:  Akamai DNS...

(OK, all you 'The DNS must be consistent' fanatics can shoot me now ;)