RE: spam

2003-05-25 11:27:49
Peter Ford wrote:
As Paul Vixie notes, this may result in overlapping legislation
and regulation that makes interoperation of the Internet more
difficult. That is worse than a "waste of time".

I agree, although it would not be that bad if it worked, but it does not. In
California we have legislation that says the subject of spam must begin with
ADV: or ADV:ADLT: depending of the contents. Do the spammers respect it? Of
course not as it will allow everyone to configure their mail client to delete
spam before they even see it, then why bother send spam in the first place.

Same applies with what was mentioned earlier: since when do spammers respect
the laws? Hello?

Michel.