Re: spam (fwd) (edit error on previous)

2003-05-27 00:25:57
Dean writes:

I can see you have a goal of limiting Type 1
spam, using the harms of Type 2 and Type 3 spam.

I don't understand.

This effort is doomed to fail.

I seem to manage to get rid of all spam, even the long string of virus
attachments sent to me a couple of hours ago from Japan with a subject line
from this list.

Sorry. You are wrong.  Only I get to set prices
on my services.

But nobody has to pay to use an open relay.

Fraud is common law, which applies to the internet.

Common law requires jurisprudence to define its application.  I'm not aware
of any in this instance, so whether what you describe is fraud or not is an
open question.