Re: The utilitiy of IP is at stake here

2003-05-28 21:03:39

on 5/28/2003 8:30 PM Richard Shockey wrote:

Its not that hard to write a letter, sign it with a return address and
put a postage stamp on it or make a phone call to a local
representatives office..

The US Congress is not very good a dealing with email ..trust me.

they like snail mail...

As a follow-up to anyone considering it, one office has said that the
anthrax scare has made snail-mail processing even more snail-like on the
hill. Sending postal mail to the home-state office is supposedly much
faster. If it has an in-state return address then it is that much more
likely to get read.

Also, at least some of the senators supposedly get several thousand emails
each week. Interestingly, about half the senators and reps no longer
publish email addresses, and many of them bounce email with a message
saying to resubmit via a web form. Whether this is due to the volume of
political spamming or UCE spamming is left to the reader to ponder.

All of that aside, the one response I've received which doesn't appear to
be completely automated (or at least somebody had to manually choose the
correct automated response) was to email.