RE: The utilitiy of IP is at stake here

2003-05-31 05:24:02
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org [mailto:owner-ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On
Behalf Of Anthony
Atkielski
Sent: samedi 31 mai 2003 3:58
To: IETF Discussion
Subject: Re: The utilitiy of IP is at stake here

(...)

But if she has to start worrying about more than a
dozen spams a day, e-mail will become useless for her.

How will the spammer's find her address?

----------
Anthony,

You suddenly seem a bit naive!

Have you never created e-mail addresses without ever making them public, and
nevertheless note that you get SPAM anyway?

I did. I created more than one e-mail address without ever making them
public, and though I note some of them receive SPAM!

How do the spammers find such addresses? Do they automatically try all
possible combinations of
firstname_lastname(_at_)some-well-known-domains(_dot_)com?

Who knows? I personally have no idea! But I must note that spammers succeed
in polluting everyone's mailbox!