Re: authenticated email

2003-06-04 07:49:18
Jari Arkko wrote:
So, its the same old question once again: how do we all enroll ourselves to the same trusted root or web of trust? Should the next PGP key signing party be held in the plenary, for everyone? Or maybe Harald stands in the IETF reception desk to look at people's passports and certifies keys? Hmm... maybe we could make PGP key mandatory in registration, and have the secretariat form a web of trust. At least we could trace every key to a credit card number... sounds pretty good but this wouldn't deal with the folks who don't come to the meetings. Maybe we could turn on mandatory PGP signing for all list e-mail for a year, and at the end of the year make a web of trust for the folks who sent e-mail that year. That wouldn't be perfect, but it would sure reduce the size of queue in front of Harald for the passport check ;-)

Or maybe an IETF CA?

Alex
GBU