Re: authenticated email

2003-06-04 18:10:53
www.spamassassin.org is a cost based system which is quite useful but
has many false positives too....

The best system I have found is tmda.sourceforge.net which concept is
used on a couple of commercial individual systems...

The concept is quite simple...

Someone unknown to me send me an e-mail. I do not receive this e-mail
yet but an automatic reply ask the person to perform a task to
authenticate itself... Like replying to a specific address after reading
the message (something like a simple Turing test to prove the person is
human). The e-mail of this person is then added to my whitelist, I
receive this person e-mail as well as all subsequent e-mails....

Any person that wants to talk to me will follow the procedure... any
spammer will not bother to follow the procedure because suddenly it
costs him time therefore money... Remember it is a Turing test so a
machine cannot pass it....

Now what digital signing should bring, the power to sue because of the
traceability.

Cheers