Re: authenticated email

2003-06-04 07:02:09
Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:
Can't I just create a public key with the Harald's name and email address and then post to this list claiming I'm Harald?

However, those who care about whether it's me or you posting will look at who signed it - that's why my key block is so huge; it's got
 all these signatures dangling from it....

So the level of trust depends on the number of signatures?

Can I also ask other lots of people to sign the key I create and then
pretend I'm Harald?

Otherwise, if certain of people who signed your key are "special", or
are highly trusted, can I ask who are those people?

Thank you, I imported it, but the signature of previous messages didn't verify, sorry.

I know - signing messages that will be damaged in transit is a VERY hard problem....

Right :-)

Alex
GBU