Re: myth of the great transition (was US Defense Department formally adopts IPv6)

2003-06-17 03:37:17
    > From: Tim Chown <tjc(_at_)ecs(_dot_)soton(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk>

    > We hear Sony saying all consumer networked appliances will support IPv6
    > by 2005. We hear MS talk about IPv6 for pervasive collaborative
    > communication

I wish I could get $10 for every time I heard one of these predictions. I've
got a huge stack of them, dating back to the 1990's. I think the one I liked
the best was how G3 phones were going to be the killer app for v6.

I must say, the latest pronouncement from the DoD was really amusing - it
just increased the "deja vu" level one more delicious notch. I really should
make those T-shirts I talked about...

        Noel